Monday, September 13, 2010

my darlings, my dears

dearest forever friends,

life in the tropics is hard when you are allergic to ants. today i learned that i am soon to be a published co-author. eventually my resume will look worthwhile, and maybe i will finally get paid for doing something i am passionate about instead of pursing passion for free and slaving for the man.  saturday i ventured into the jungle to visit the monkeys. i would like to stay with them forever, assuming they don't get any urges to rip my arms off... but that is another story for another (more private) day.  i also attended TED talks which consisted of one the of the guys who discovered the human genome, a failed talk about failure, and my new hero; Tay Kheng Soon.  apparently there are TEDx talks all over the place. i would like to continue going as they make me feel more complete.  there is another intern in my office, he smells funny and makes rude bodily noises. perhaps i am too picky. i am relieved he is leaving soon, and i feel kind of guilty for that. developing a development soap opera is hard. especially when you know nothing other than sex and lies and romance novel junk. i had a carmel latte for dinner tonight, and i do not feel hungry. the wild roosters are still mocking me.  while i used to only hear them and never see them now i see them but never with enough time to photograph them.  if they are not careful i will cook one for dinner to teach them a lesson about being camera shy. i bought stamps for postcards today, now i must buy postcards.  that probably sums up my time here better than anything else.

hearts and massive shopping complexes (of both the physical and mental variety),
tono

No comments:

Post a Comment